Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Friday!

Well, I've done better this year! Updating my blog at least. Working out is about the same this far into the year. In about 2 weeks is when I usually start getting lazy and such. I'm hoping that doesn't happen! I'm trying to pace myself so I don't burnout. We'll see how it works out though. I have the tendency to go overboard on the workout. I'll do a gym workout, then I'll do cardio, then I'll do some ab work bc I'm bored... all in one day! So I'm trying to sloooooow dooooown. When I'm tempted to start over-doing the workout, I'm finding other things to do. I read, I blog... I have a few crafts I could start working on. I'm also trying not to eat when I'm bored. It's a difficult balance!

Anyway all of that being said, I want to be able to remind myself why I'm doing what I'm doing here, so I have made a Week 1 picture collage.
Yeop, that's me! I had Greg take the pictures last night. I was actually excited to take them until I actually saw what I looked like! I wore the tightest fitting clothes I own to highlight the imperfections. It's what Tiffany had to do to submit her application for the weight loss thing she's doing now. I decided it would be a good idea to document my progress with photos, but that means I had to show where I started.

Looking at that collage does not make me happy, but I am trying not to be hard on myself. I am not a healthy weight and I do need to trim down, but I know that being hard on myself isn't going to help. The book I bought the other day says to create a positive mission statement in regards to my fitness goals. Here is mine:

I want to work to create a healthier, leaner version of the already wonderful me.

She said to be positive! And I am wonderful. I am a great friend, a good family member, a wonderful cook... I'm smart and pretty, and all sorts of other good things. I am overweight, but that doesn't change that I am a good person. I need to remember that as I'm working towards my goal of a healthy BMI.

Ok, enough blogging for right now. I need to figure out something for lunch. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment