Monday, January 17, 2011

My First Goal...

My initial goal was to lose 4 pounds by today. I am pleased to say that I lost 7.4 pounds! I'm really happy with my progress so far.

It was kind of a rough two weeks, emotionally and mentally, and that of course made my personal challenge a little bit harder to find the motivation to stick to my goals. I had 2 days where I went over my caloric intake goal. Once was because I didn't eat dinner before a meeting and ended up snacking the whole time. The other was because I was having a horrible day and I really just didn't care about my diet or exercise program.

I am proud of myself, though. After my really bad day, I didn't beat myself up for my bad food choices. I just accepted that I could have made better decisions and recommitted myself to the plan the next day. I think that it's important for me to admit to myself that I'm going to have a bad day, and I'm gonna have a day where I don't make the best choices. I just have to accept that, and try to do better the next day.

So, my first goal has been reached! Now on to my next goal. I think I'm going to stick with 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I thought about upping it, but 2lbs a week is a healthy goal. Anything above that is just happy times!

No comments:

Post a Comment