Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowed In...

So it snowed.... a lot!
Well, a lot for my little area of East Tennessee. That is my car, and, as you can see, I'm kind of stuck at the house. Which of course means I can't go to the gym. And I'm annoyed by that fact. Today's workout didn't call for any weightlifting, but I haven't done a 5k loop on the treadmill in ages.... ok, in about a week. But it feels like ages, lol. I was looking forward to working towards my secondary goal of completing the loop in less than 45 minutes!

Looking on the bright side, at least my workout today doesn't call for weightlifting. That means I can do it at the house. I can also dig out the WiiFit or the Outdoor Challenge Wii game.
That game is fun. It has a mat that kind of looks like a DDR mat, and you have to move around to make it through the obstacles. If you have a Wii and are looking for some fun, energy using games, I recommend this one. You can also have 2 players for some of the activities. Plus, when you have to jump over an obstacle, you actually get to jump, unlike the WiiFit. Awesomeness lol. There is another game from that line that uses the same mat, but I haven't been able to find it for sale without the mat... I haven't looked that hard either. Anyway, I think I will do one or both of those games today as part of my workout. I would like to try the EA Sports Active, but it's kind of expensive. Especially for a girl with no job.

In other news........
Whooo-hoo!!! 1 week down and I have already surpassed my goal for the game with Tiffany. To reach my goal, I needed to be 245.8. That's an additional 2lbs, and I still have a week to go! I'm excited to see how much I end up losing in the rest of the time. I don't think I'll increase my goal for next time. Well, not drastically at least. I know it's healthy to lose 2lbs a week, and I want to set realistic goals for myself. Plus, if I am able to surpass my goal, then I'm just that much more excited!

Alright, I need to stop blogging and start moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment